Hilton HHonors Gold status is considered to be one of, if not the strongest mid-level elite status tiers across some of the major hotel chains. While it normally requires 16 stays or 36 nights in a calendar year, there are a number of ways to achieve this status without satisfying either of those requirements. Here is a consolidated overview on how you can get Hilton HHonors Gold status:
- Contact Hilton HHonors customer care and simply ask them if a fast track to Gold offer is available to you. If it is, it will require 4 stays within a 90 day time frame.
- Sign up for the Hilton MVP Fast Track offer. The requirements are 4 stays/9 nights within 90 days, just like above.
- If you’re a Hilton AMEX cardholder, you can get Gold status by spending $20,000 in a calendar year on the card.
- Apply for the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express. This card charges a $75 annual fee but you’ll receive complimentary Gold status for the first year of your card membership. Like the no-fee version of the Hilton AMEX, you can earn Gold status with $20,000 spent in a calendar year. You can even get Diamond status if you spend $40,000 in a calendar year.
- (UPDATED) Apply for the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve credit card. This card carries a $95 annual fee but unlike the Hilton HHonors Surpass card, you get Gold status for the lifetime of your card membership. With Hilton’s recent announcement that Gold and Diamond requirements are increasing, this option will save you a nice chunk of change.
Aside from achieving Gold status through yearly qualifying spend on the American Express cards, the rest of these tips/tricks are only available to use once. For now, definitely get in on the Gold offer that Gary discusses on his blog since that is the easiest way to get the status and it may be time sensitive.
After that, which option you want to use is totally up to you. Just pick and choose wisely. Make sure that you activate the offer only when you know that you’ll be able to get the most out of the status. Don’t waste your opportunities!