The SPG Nice Choice promotion is now open for registration. It looks like the rumored details that were leaked are 100 percent true. Here are the details for you:
- May 1 – July 31
- June 1 – August 31
- July 1 – September 30
- Earn double Starpoints beginning with the 2nd stay (no earnings limits)
- Get 3,000 Starpoints every 6 nights (maximum 9,000 Starpoints/18 nights)
- Earn triple Starpoints when you stay 15 nights (no earnings limits)
- Earn 500 Starpoints per night at Sheraton Hotels & Resorts when you book online (no earnings limits)
Free Nights & Redemption Awards
- Get 1 free weekend night when you stay 10 nights (free night is limited to category 1-5 hotels with a maximum of 2 free nights/20 nights)
- Get a 25 percent off redemption award when you stay 20 nights (two awards maximum/40 nights)
- Get a $50 SPG Award Certificate every 4 nights (maximum 3 awards/12 nights)
- Get a $50 or €50 Westin at Home™ Collection Discount Code every 4 nights (maximum 3 codes/12 nights)
- Get a $50 or €50 Sheraton at Home™ Collection Discount Code every 4 nights (maximum 3 codes/12 nights)
Elite Night Credit
- Earn 1 bonus Elite Qualifying Night every 5 nights (maximum 3 elite nights/15 nights)
- Earn 3 bonus Elite Qualifying Nights every 10 nights (maximum 6 bonus nights/20 nights)
So there you have it. The feedback on FlyerTalk is mostly negative but it appears the popular choice is the triple Starpoints for 15 nights. There are so many variables in play here that it’s really hard to pinpoint one item and say this is your safest bet.
For the leisure traveler, one of the Starpoints options is probably the way to go. However, just like choosing your earnings period, it all depends on what your travel plans are.
I don’t have too many Starwood stays planned so I’ll probably be going with the 500 Starpoints at Sheraton because I can book a few cheap nights if needed. What option will you be going with?